Selected projects Berlin (2012-now)
Freelance at Shanghai.Berlin agenca for Samsung, 2022
- leading the pitch and the team for creating an animation video (budget 500k) for Samsung
- integrating video on a B2B landing page for security products
Freelance at Scholz & Friends for EU & Uefa, 2021
- leading the agency team for the project (budget over a million) and being the first point of contact for the European Union and Uefa
- TV commercial reached an audience of around 500 million viewers during the half-time break of all Champions League matches for the 2021 / 2022 season
Strategy & brand identity workshops
Freelance for Progress & Looks, 2021-2023
- Business strategy workshops (business model canvas) for Progress, Germany’s biggest documentary video archive
- Brand identity workshops for Progress and for Looks, production company for documentaries for Netflix & more
- long YouTube videos for Mercedes with seven-day shoots in Germany, USA, Spain
Consultancy for several clients
as owner of Neue Signale agency and freelance, 2017-2023
- making client in the B2B sales profitable and leading them on a growth path again through strategy workshops
- doubling profit margin of client in the production industry after creating a strategy roadmap
Freelance at Looping Studios for Mercedes, 2018
- project lead for three seven-day video shoots
- shoots in USA, Germany and Spain
- budget of each shoot around 500k
Courses and Workshops
While working freelance and leading Neue Signale, 2016-2023
- social media basics, German Press Academy, 2017-2020
- introduction to Business Model Canvas, 2017
- data security in the digital age, Bayer AG, 2017
- E-commerce Basics, Chamber of Commerce Berlin, 2018
- PowerCo (employer branding&campaigns for Volkswagen daughter, at C3 agency, 2023)
- Breuninger (rebranding customer loyalty program, at Kemmler Kemmler agency, 2022)
- SumUp (B2B video campaign, at 1000Heads agency, 2021)
- Volkswagen (content marketing for their Newsroom sites, 2018-2019)
- ABB (brand positioning & business strategy, at C3 agency, 2018-2019)
- o2 (social media campaigns, at UDG agency, 2017-2018)
- Good Healthcare Group (brand identity, at own agency, 2017-2018)
- Manor AG, Switzerland (internal communication strategy, at own agency, 2017-2018)
- PartyRent (process analysis and improvement, at own agency, 2017-2018)
- Sparkasse (campaign proposal, at Jung von Matt agency, 2017)
- Netflix (social media management in DACH region, at TLGG agency, 2014-2015)
- Swisscom (social media campaigns, at TLGG agency, 2015)
- MLP (brand positioning & social media strategy, at TLGG agency, 2013-2014)
- Twisper (project management for travel app / city guide, 2013)
Selected projects Holland (1999-2012)
Hobby project, overall lead for unofficial festival website, 2009-2015
It all started with a tweet, because I considered the official website of the Lowlands festival an insult to usability. How was it possible that the most popular contemporary music festival of the Netherlands, an event that sells out even faster than Glastonbury, had such an atrocious site?
Together with two other Twitter friends we started Lowlove, a project run by volunteers. We built a proper website within three months and launched a social media campaign to gain publicity. The project cost me at least half a day per week and grew into a team of around fifteen volunteers. My task: to organise and plan all the activities and to devise a strategy for the future.
Overall lead for unofficial festival apps, 2011-2015
Follow your audience. And as the tens of thousands of monthly visitors of Lowlove are using mobile devices more often, we wanted to have our own smartphone apps as well.
The apps are especially useful during the festival itself. Because of unreliable internet connectivity at the festival site, we decided that the apps had to work offline as well. Users can make their own programme and receive alerts, making the apps a very personal experience.
For de Volkskrant newspaper, 2011 and 2012
de Volkskrant is the biggest quality newspaper of the Netherlands, comparable to Süddeutsche Zeitung in Germany or The Guardian in Britain. The science desk of the newspaper regularly published stories about incurable and/or chronic diseases. Readers wanted to know how patients, described in those articles, were doing afterwards.
We decided to make an improved version of the New York Times series ‘Patient Voices’. We made slideshows with accompanying audio, we provided an in-depth information section and had a blog section for updates on the patient’s health.
With my company I did the project management, keeping the designers, programmers and the newspaper editors on track.
For de Volkskrant newspaper, november 2009
Redesigning the homepage of the website of one of the big national newspapers, with almost two million unique visitors a month, is always a difficult process. There are conflicts of interests between the editorial, marketing and sales sections. And there is the technological legacy of a vast archive, that still has to work after the redesign.
I did the project management as Head of Online of de Volkskrant. That meant having to reach an agreement within the company about the final design, without compromising the goal of the operation (less clutter). In the second phase of the project, I assisted the company that built the new site for us and tested the site before launch.
For Omroep Brabant regional, 2011-2012
Not the news broadcasts on television or radio, but the website should be the first platform where the journalists publish their content. That was the goal of the ‘online first’-project at a regional tv station. The editor-in-chief gave me the task to guide the change process on the workfloor in the proper direction, and to advise him about necessary changes in the organisation.
At Academy of Journalism, 2010-2011
Journalism schools find it difficult to adapt to the rapid, internet-induced changes in news organisations. Project Nero tries to prepare students for the digital future by letting them make cross-media journalism productions at regional newspapers during a period of three months. They receive guidance from two experiences journalists, I had the honour to be one of them.
If you want to know more about my professional background, please also check these pages:
Thank you for your interest!