Born: August 5th 1972, Oss, Netherlands
- Not married
- Drivers license
- Languages: Dutch (C2), English (C1), German (C1), French (A2), Spanish (A2)
- Based in Berlin (Germany)
Leading strategy and communication projects in the area of employer branding for PowerCo, a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group. Creating the employer value proposition (EVP) and several branding & recruiting campaigns on social media & OOH.
Project lead for a huge B2B campaign for Samsung around their hardware and software security products. Leading the pitch and then realizing the winning idea, an animated video.
Leading a strategy project for Breuninger luxury shops. Client wanted to upgrade the loyalty card and accompanying program.
Project lead for a massive TV commercial for the European Union and the UEFA (European football federation). Budget of more than a million euro, with three shoots in Spain, France and Italy. The spot was broadcasted in stadiums and on TV before and during all international matches in the 2021-2022 season.
Leading content projects for Deutsche Bank and Volkswagen. For a client in the energy sector facilitating online & offline workshops around brand positioning and communication strategy, and creating strategy slidedecks for market entry strategy.
Data-based content marketing
Project lead for several one-week video shoots worldwide for Mercedes. The footage resulted in both long-form YouTube videos and dozens of moving image assets for social media channels.
Consultancy agency for innovation & digital transformation, 2016-2018.
Creation and presentation of client workshops (e.g. Kill Your Own Business; www.kyob.de). Development of business strategies and continuous client guidance regarding digital transformation.
First Social Media Agency of Germany and frontrunner in the digital transformation department
Client Lead for Netflix & MLP Financial Services. In charge of the respective cross-departmental project teams and responsible for the development and implementation of social media strategies, digital campaigns and client workshops.
Agency for digital transformation
Leading and developing accounts, first point of contact for external development teams, responsible for the development of websites and apps (e.g. the start-up Twisper).
Consultancy agency for digitization
Wide spectrum of digital consultancy services (for example implementing a ‚digital first‘ strategy at a regional broadcasting company, supporting students with digital storytelling as a teacher at the Academy for Journalism).
Biggest quality newspaper in the Netherlands, frontrunner in digital transformation.
Responsible for the creation and implementation of digitization strategies as well as the development of thematic sites and apps.
Regional newspaper in the Netherlands.
- Journalism, Academy for Journalism and PR – Tilbury, March 1995-December 1998
- International management, Rijksuniversity Limburg – Maastricht, August 1994-February 1995
- Business economics, Hogeschool ‘s Hertogenbosch – Den Bosch, August 1990-July 1994
Books & articles
- Unusually normal, the story of Union Berlin (2023, publisher Staantribune)
- German-Dutch football glossary (2020, publisher Staantribune)
- 101 Days in Central America, travel book (2020, self-published on Lulu)
- New Deal on Data, essay on how we should deal with data in a digital age (link)
- Expert Review of a case study, Harvard Business Manager Germany (link, against payment)
- Twelve misconceptions about digital transformation, Berlin Cloud Conference, 2016
- Destroy your own business model, Innovation breakfast, Chamber of Commerce Berlin, 2017
- New Deal on Data, Unicorns in Tech conference & Ignite Berlin, 2017
Sites and blogs
- www.bastimmers.nl – personal site and blog (2001-now)
- Into The Arms of America – personal travel blog about Latin America (2019-now)
- Union In Englisch – English group blog about Union Berlin (2014-now)
- Heimat Berlin – blog with personal travel tips for Berlin (2012-now)
- Lowlove – group blog about music festival in Holland (2010-2016)
- member of Chamber of Commerce Berlin council for innovation since 2017
- guest writer for Harvard Business manager Germany as innovation expert on case studies
If you want to know more about my professional background, please also check these pages: