August 5th 1972, Oss, Netherlands
- Not married
- Drivers license
- Languages: Dutch, English, German, French
Co-owner & consultant Neue Signale, 2016-2018
Consultancy agency for innovation & digital transformation in Berlin.
Creation and presentation of client workshops (e.g. Kill Your Own Business; www.kyob.de). Development of business strategies and continuous client guidance regarding digital transformation.
Account management, TLGG (Torben, Lucie und die gelbe Gefahr), 2013-2015
First Social Media Agency of Germany and frontrunner in the digital transformation department
Client Lead for Netflix & MLP Financial Services. In charge of the respective project cross-departmental project teams and responsible for the development and implementation of social media strategies, digital campaigns, innovation topics and client workshops.
Client consultancy, Creative Construction Heroes, 2012-2013
Agency for digital transformation
Leading and developing accounts, first point of contact for external development teams, responsible for the development of websites and apps (e.g. the start-up Twisper).
Freelance consultant, Pixels en Komma’s, 2010-2012
Consultancy agency for digitization
Wide spectrum of digital consultancy services (for example implementing a ‚digital first‘ strategy at a regional broadcasting company, supporting students with digital storytelling as a teacher at the Academy for Journalism).
Chef Online & internet editor, de Volkskrant, 2007-2010
Biggest quality newspaper in the Netherlands, frontrunner in digital transformation.
Responsible for the creation and implementation of digitization strategies as well as the development of thematic sites and apps.
Editor, BN/DeStem, 1998-2007
Regional newspaper in the Netherlands.
Call Center, Berlin
- Creation and presentation of multiple day management workshops
- Development of strategy roadmaps and work packages
- Ongoing consultancy and assistance of the managing directors
- Assisting the recruitment of a Chief Digital Officer (CDO)
- Creation and presentation of several workshops for the managing director
- Development of roadmap and work packages
- Ongoing consultancy of the management during implementation of the roadmap
- Introduction to Business Model Canvas, 2017
- Data security in the digital age, Bayer AG, 2017
- E-Commerce Basics, Chamber of Commerce Berlin, 2018
MLP Financial Services, Heidelberg
Torben, Lucie und die gelbe Gefahr, TLGG
- Development of overall strategy for reaching younger target audiences
- Development of a new brand strategy including the MLP Financify brand
- Implementation of several pilot projects for lead generation
- Development of content platforms and social media posts
- Presentation of several workshops
Torben, Lucie und die gelbe Gefahr, TLGG
- Development of a social media strategy for the launch in the DACH region
- Development and implementation of social media campaigns
- Daily assistance of client around launch events
- Good Healthcare Group
- Deutsche Presseakademie
- Manor AG
- And many more
- Journalism, Academy for Journalism and PR – Tilbury, March 1995-December 1998
- International management, Rijksuniversity Limburg – Maastricht, August 1994-February 1995
- Business economics, Hogeschool ‘s Hertogenbosch – Den Bosch, August 1990-July 1994
- New Deal on Data, essay on how we should deal with data in a digital age (link)
- Expert Review of a case study, Harvard Business Manager Germany (link, against payment)
- Destroy your own business model – a good idea, t3n online (link)
- Twelve misconceptions about digital transformation, Berlin Cloud Conference, 2016
- Destroy your own business model, Innovation breakfast Chamber of Commerce Berlin, 2017
- New Deal on Data, Unicorns in Tech conference, 2017
- Creative thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Future-proof strategies
- Emotional intelligence
- Consulting clients
- Workshop creation and presentation
Transformation & Change
What I believe in
KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid. Consultancy should be easy to understand, should focus on the most important topics and should be forward-facing. Which means: Bring the company, its products and its culture step-by-step in the digital realm, together with the client.
- member of Chamber of Commerce Berlin council for innovation since 2017
- guest writer for Harvard Business manager Germany as innovation expert on case studies
- founder of www.lowlove.nl (2009-2015), a very succesful and indepent newsblog about the Lowlands arts festival. It’s entirely run by volunteers, we also developed an iPhone app
- eternal force behind www.heimatberlin.nl, a personal notebook about all things Berlin